April 19, 1995

Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, Okla. City

The nine-story federal building was destroyed when a truck packed with 4,800 pounds of ammonium nitrate and fuel oil was detonated near its entrance. Besides the 168 who died — including 19 children — more than 800 people were injured. This is the identical method used in every single US Embassy attack on foreign soil for the past three decades, including 3 such attacks in Saudi Arabia and Africa two years prior to 9/11.

Both Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were heavily tied to Islamic extremists, McVeigh made ample friends with such while serving in Desert Storm. This was known by the federal government as early as 1978 when whispers of the Bojinka Plot out of the Philippines first began to spread beyond CIA contacts.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Prior to her death, Terry Nichols’ Philippino wife made a statement to both Philippino authorities and US federal agents (prior to 9/11) that Nichols and McVeigh, as well as several of McVeigh’s military pals, had met on numerous occassions with Islamic terrorists leaders in Manilla and the Middle East as part of the Bojinka Plot. Both the Murrah Federal Building bombing and 9/11 could have been stopped.

9:03 am

Murrah Bombing Cleanup

Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building

Calvin and Peola Battles April 19, 1995

“Calvin Battle, 62, was a quiet man, but not when it came to sports, said his daughter, Janet Battle. “He liked the pro teams and he was a die-hard OU fan,” she said. On April 19, Battle and his wife, Peola, went to the Social Security office in the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building to apply for disability assistance because he had recently suffered a stroke. Peola Battle also died in the explosion. Calvin Battle had worked as a machinist for Corken International, his daughter said. She said her father did not judge people, but was very accepting of everyone he met. “And he loved the Lord,” she said. Battle attended the Church of the Living God Temple 234. He and his wife had been married 39 years. He had four daughters and a son.”

“A person “who never met a stranger,” Peola Battle, 51, of Oklahoma City, made friends wherever she went, said her daughter, Janet Battle. Janet Battle said her mother and father, Calvin Battle, had gone to the Murrah Federal Building to apply for disability assistance for Calvin, who recently had suffered a stroke. Since her husband could not drive, Peola drove him to his appointment. Calvin Battle also was killed in the bombing. Janet Battle described her mother as a “Christian lady” who attended Greater Mount Carmel Baptist Church. Janet Battle said her mother and father raised four daughters, including herself.”

Army Sgt. 1st Class Lola Renee Bolden.

Army Sgt. 1st Class Lola Renee Bolden, 40, of Birmingham, Ala., had been stationed in the Oklahoma City Recruiting Battalion for four months. Bolden is survived by a 21-year-old daughter and two sons, Ricky Hill, 13, and Jonathan, 11. The 15-year Army veteran worked in the fourth-floor recruiting station in the federal building. The single mother had transferred from Colorado to Oklahoma in January, 1995. Her son Ricky described his mother as kind and funny, and said she would have pillow fights and “stuff” with her kids.”

Cassandra Booker

“Cassandra Kay Booker “was a sweet, caring person,” said her mother, Gloria Graves. “She would reach out to everybody and always be there for you when you needed her. ” Platt College has established an annual scholarship in her name and many have donated money toward a trust fund for her four children. Booker, 25, was applying for Social Security cards for two of her children at the time of the bombing.”

Andrea Yvette Blanton, 33.

Andrea Y. Blanton, 33, worked as a secretary at the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Her husband is Daniel Blanton.”

Woodrow Brady

“Woodrow “Woody” Clifford Brady, 41, of Oklahoma City was a publisher of children’s books. Brady was a customer at the Federal Employees Credit Union on the third floor of the building when the blast occurred. He was buried at St. Paul’s Cemetery in Meeker”

Peachlyn Bradley, age 3. Perished with infant brother.

“She was only 3 years old, but she acted like she was 23, her aunt Donnia Banks said. Peachlyn Bradley “touched everyone she met,” Banks said. Bradley’s great-grandmother, Mary Hill, said the girl “was the laugh of everything.” Peachlyn died in the bombing along with her grandmother, Cheryl Bradley Hammons, and her 3-month-old brother, Gabreon Bruce. The family, including Peachlyn’s mother, Dana Bradley, 20, had gone to get a Social Security card for Gabreon. Dana is now recovering after her leg was amputated. Dana’s sister, Felicia Bradley, 23, was with them, too, and also is recovering from injuries.”

Gabreon DeShawn L. Bruce, 3 months. Brother of Peachlyn Bradley.

“Three-month-old Gabreon DeShawn Lee Bruce was a “lovable” baby, said his great-grandmother, Mary Hill. The family enjoyed holding him, and Hill said she had held the baby exactly one week before the April 19 bombing. Gabreon’s mother, Dana Bradley, 20, had taken her son to the Social Security office to obtain a card for him. Gabreon’s grandmother, Cheryl Bradley Hammons, and his half sister, Peachlyn Bradley, were killed in the blast. His mother, Dana Bradley and aunt Felicia, 23, were injured.”

Chery Bradley Hammons, 44. Perished with her grandchildren

Cheryl Bradley Hammons spent her life taking care of people, said her mother, Mary Hill of Oklahoma City. “That is what she loved to do,” Hill said. She also loved dancing and knitting. Hammons, 44, worked as a nurse at Four Seasons Nursing Home, where she had many friends. She also had been a nurse at Presbyterian Hospital and Oklahoma Medical Center. She was a pleasant person who smiled and joked a lot but could also be serious, said her sister, Donnia Banks.

She perished with her grandchildren, Peachlyn Bradley, 3, and Gabreon Bruce, 3 months.She had made a family outing of obtaining Gabreon’s social security card. They arrived early in hopes of the event not being an all day ordeal and they could have some family time prior to her having to report to work.

Donald Burns

“Donald Earl Burns Sr., 62, worked as a construction analyst for the Department of Housing and Urban Development. He was a former football coach at Douglass High School and taught woodworking for many years. As a coach at Douglass, Burns guided the lives of such future stars as Albert Morris Chandler and Raymond Hamilton, both of whom played for the Oklahoma Sooners and the New England Patriots. He affected the lives of all his players in a positive way,” Chandler said. “Coach Burns was a great character builder for young men.

“He was very influential in both my academic and athletic careers. “He’ll surely be missed by all.” Chandler said Hamilton is now a defensive line coach with the New York Jets. “Raymond has called to express his sympathy,” Chandler said.”Albert Chandler began his pro sports career with the Cincinnati Bengals in 1973 at the age of 23. He went on to short careers with the St. Louis Cardinals, the New England Patriots, and the Bengals during his brief 6 year career.

Antonio Ansara Cooper, Jr., 6 months

“Antonio Ansara Cooper Jr. was just learning to crawl and say “Da-Da. ” The 6-month-old was a happy baby who never cried and loved to laugh, said his father, Antonio Cooper Sr. “He’d make himself laugh by playing with his toys,” the father said. Young Cooper also liked to be thrown up in the air and watch his mother, Renee Cooper, dance. Antonio Cooper Jr. was born Oct. 11, 1994, on his father’s birthday. He had attended America’s Kids day-care center since December.”

Brothers Aaron Coverdale, 5, and Elijah Coverdale, 3

“Brothers Aaron Coverdale, 5, and Elijah Coverdale, 2, were well-loved by their relatives. After the bombing, their father, Keith Coverdale, walked the streets holding photos of his smiling children, asking if anyone had seen them.”

Brenda Daniels.

“Brenda Daniels, 42, was a teacher at America’s Kids child-care center on the second floor of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. Originally from Wichita Falls, Texas, Daniels spent most of her life working at child-care centers. However, she had worked at America’s Kids less than a year. “… The focus of her life was kids. My mother loved kids,” said her daughter, Chastity Pope of Dallas. Daniels lived in Oklahoma City for 13 years.”

Castine Brooks Hearn Deveroux

Castine Brooks Hearn Deveroux often talked of her faith and how much she had been blessed by God. Deveroux, 49, attended St. John Missionary Baptist Church in Oklahoma City where she was an usher and participated in a prayer group. Her prayer partner, Louise Peters, said Deveroux’s comments were always touching and encouraging. “She was a very lovely, devoted church member,” Peters said. Deveroux had worked for Housing and Urban Development for seven years.”

Tylor Eaves, 8 months.

“Eight-month-old Tylor Eaves was just beginning to pull up on things. His grandmother, Gloria Eaves Hardin, thought he’d probably be walking by nine months, just like her daughter Miya, Tylor’s mother. Miya Eaves worked at Standard Life, just a few blocks from America’s Kids day-care center in the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. Tylor was just settling into the routine in the center, where he had started a week before the April 19 blast that took his life. “He was a happy baby,” Gloria Eaves recalled. “He was bossy and spoiled because he liked attention. He wanted to be able to see you all the time.” Tylor was a big, healthy baby, looking older than his 8 months. “He was just getting into his personality, and he could get anything he wanted from us,” Gloria Eaves said, adding that like his mother’s side of the family, he had beautiful grayish-green eyes.”

Tevin Garrett, 1 year.

“Tevin Garrett, 1, was a very happy baby who loved to dance, ride his yellow Lion King bike and slide down his red and blue slide (headfirst). His favorite food was chicken. He was the son of Helena Annette Garrett Scott and the stepson of Vernon Lee Scott. ”

Laura Garrison, 61. Two months to retirement.

“Laura Garrison, 61, had worked hard for her family all her life, but preparing retirement papers at the Social Security office brought her to the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. She had helped lay to rest one sister a month earlier. She had a special bond with one of her brothers, William, who suffered a neck injury as a young man during a football game. “Laura would come down to the hospital at least three days a week to take care of him,” said Samuel L. Washington, another brother. “She was a quiet sister, devoted to her job and her family.”

Garrison was a Luther High School graduate. She lived in California for a while, but did not want to raise her three children on the coast and returned to Oklahoma. An admissions clerk at Oklahoma Memorial Hospital, Garrison planned to retire in July. She and her husband, Fred, have two daughters, Tracy Rushing, 39, and Kerry Hatcher, 35; as well as one son, Harold Taylor, 34. ”

Ron Harding, 55. April 19, 1995. "The Blues Man"

The last time Clarice Harding saw her son, Ronald Harding, alive was Easter Sunday, a day she now cherishes. “While visiting my sister at a nursing home I dozed off to sleep,” she said. “When I woke up, Ron was standing over me smiling.” She said her son ate dinner with her and a granddaughter after leaving the nursing home.

Harding, 55, was a claims representative for the Social Security Administration. He also was an accomplished musician who played five instruments – clarinet, saxophone, flute, violin, and cello. He had been a member of the Earl Pittman All-Stars jazz band for more than 10 years. She said he also was active in his church, Greater Cleaves Memorial Church in Oklahoma City, where he had been recently selected as a steward. Ronald Harding, the oldest of Clarice Harding’s children, had two brothers and a sister. Harding is survived by his wife and four children – two girls and two boys.”   (Played with one of my college professors, Bob Gilkerson, from OSU Technical Institute, Oklahoma City Campus, who passed away in 1985)

Anita Hightower, 27.

 “Anita Hightower, 27, left Fort Worth, Texas, in 1991 to take care of a sick aunt in Oklahoma City. She was a secretary for the Job Corps in an office across the street from the federal building. She had two daughters. ”

Wanda Lee Howell. Mother of two. "God first. You second."

 “Wanda Lee Howell always carried a Bible in her purse. “She told me God comes first,” Melvin Howell said of his wife. “I was a little jealous about that because she told me I came second, but I said that it was all right.” Just three weeks before the April 19 bombing, Wanda Lee Howell, 34, began teaching children in the America’s Kids day-care center in the Alfred P. Murrah Building. He said she talked with friends about how much she loved the day-care center because there were so many pretty children. She loved to read to them, Melvin Howell said. Howell has two daughters Tashanna, 14, and Latasha, 10. “I know she is looking down on us now,” Melvin Howell said. “She was a wonderful wife. She is a part of me.”

please continue to next page for remaining Murrah Bombing Victims


All Comments from The Heart Are Welcome

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s